The professional includes business owners, business executives, and sales professionals. Years of education, training, experience, and expertise has helped you achieve success. Professionals have often completed advanced education in their field. This would include Doctors, Attorneys, CPAs, Financial Advisors, Realtors, Coaches, and any other regulated professional.
Yet you long for even more out of life and your profession.
The professional may work for a large enterprise, but essentially you know that YOU are your own business.
Challenges of Professionals
Business professionals often run into the following types of challenges where coaching can be a tremendous help.
- How to succeed in a new role
- Not enough time in the day to get things done
- Spending lots of time working in the business VS spending enough time working on the business
- Successful but not fulfilled; good but not great
- Having a derailer behavior or style that keeps you from accomplishing what you desire
- Deficiency in emotional and/or social skills required in order to succeed
- Has expertise, but may be lacking experience
- Strategy execution could be better
- Challenged with delivering services to their client VS selling themselves to obtain new clients
- Lack of support because you often work alone
- Addicted to adrenalin
- Needs help with priority-management and time management
- Frustrated with the balancing work, life, and relationships
- Living an Integrated (balanced) life
It is imperative that business professionals understand these key components of a successful professional career.
- Emotional skills
- Social Skills
Characteristics of Professionals
- Dedicated to success
- Enjoys autonomy and independence
- Driven to excellence
- Specialized knowledge, experience, and expertise
- Problem solver
- Strong desire to win
- Optimistic and positive
- Realize the value of professional services
Pathways Most Helpful For Professionals
In addition to addressing any areas of focus you might bring to the coaching relationship, the following Pathways might be helpful. Each Pathway is a a focus on a particular area that will help you become a better leader.
- The Leadership Dashboard
- Discover Your Authentic Leadership
- Teams Pathway
- Behavioral Pathway
- Influence Others (Leadership Presence)
- Better Decision Making
Each of these Pathways are described HERE.