Listen to this 40 second clip from Eric Schmidt, Google’s CEO about why everyone needs a coach.
Listen for Eric’s response when he was told by a board member, “You need a coach.”
“A coach is someone who tells you what you don’t want to hear, who has you see what you don’t want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be.” – Tom Landry
Here’s a few other reasons why everyone needs a coach:
- We just aren’t good at recognizing how we are perceived by others.
- A Coach can help us leverage our strengths even beyond what we’ve done ourselves.
- We can’t see what we can’t see. That’s why they are called blindspots.
- Coaching accelerates success.
- Any journey is easier when someone walks alongside you.
- What we need isn’t advice, rather, it’s help to find our own solutions.
- The best athletes and professionals have one thing in common…..a coach.
Everyone needs a coach. – Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft