Does change really have to a be a long arduous experience? Does change have to be slow? I believe not. I believe in Instant Change.
I know the key to Instant Change, but first consider…
The Barriers to Change
- Feelings of inadequacy
- Loss of control
Think of a change you’d like to make in your life, your work, your business.
- What’s holding you back? (resistance)
- What is it costing you to refuse to change? (costs)
- What would be the benefit if you did change? (benefits)
The Cost of Not Changing
Think of all the costs of not changing. We resist change because we are afraid of what it might cost us. In reality, not changing is far more costly.
- The physical cost
- The emotional cost
- The cost on your relationships
- The cost to your happiness
- The cost to your productivity
- The cost to achieving your goals
The Benefits of Change
Now, think of the benefits you’ll receive when you change. There may be financial benefits, relationship benefits, emotional benefits, or productivity benefits.
Make a list of all the ways that change will bring more of what you really want into your life. Create a vivid picture in your mind of what this new exciting future will look like. Can you see it?
The Key To Instant Change
You can change anything in your life right now, right this moment by taking one action. Decide!
That’s it. That’s the key to Instant Change. Decide.
When we Decide, we eliminate all other options. In fact the latin suffix “cide” means “killer” or “the act of killing.” We see this in words like:
- Insecti-cide – a chemical that kills bugs
- Sui-cide – intentional killing of self
- Homi-cide – the act of killing another person
When you De-cide to change, you kill off all other options. Once you’ve adopted that mindset the change you seek is inevitable. It’s instant.
What is the Decision you most need to make today?