How you start your day is important. In fact, it sets the tone for the whole day. A weak start equals a weak finish; a strong start equals a strong finish.
Tell me how you start your day and I’ll tell you how successful you’ll be.
Successful people start their day with some sort of ritual. A ritual is a about a “series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.”
My own morning ritual evolves over time. Here’s what I do Monday through Friday to create a powerful beginning to my day.
After getting up, taking care of morning personal care and feeding the dog, I sit down at my desk.
First, I read from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This is a Christian Devotional Book that helps me listen to God. After reading the daily devotional I spend a few moments in prayer.
Next, I grab my Success Journal and review my Daily Questions:
- What am I happy about in my life right now?
- What am I grateful and thankful for in my life right now?
- What am I excited and passionate about in my life right now?
- What am I committed to in my life right now?
- Who Loves me and who do I love?
Next, I write down three affirmations from a list of forty affirmations I’ve collected. Rewriting the affirmations helps to cement the positive thought in my mind. Here’s three of my favorites:
- I daily review my goals and take action to achieve quantum leaps of success.
- I always offer words of encouragement and praise to others.
- Today is a super-terrific day full of wonderful opportunities.
Finally, I write down the 3 MIPs (most important things) I must get done that day. These are high impact activities that I know will move me toward the achievement of my goals.
That’s my ritual. When I stick to it, I have a powerful week.
What’s your ritual?